Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Racing Gods & weather !!! (1702 Views)

September 30, 2011 03:07PM
How much can a person take ?

After 40 days of Saratoga of which 12 were wet tracks, thunder storms, tornado's and such we come to Breeders Cup Preview weekend.

The spiral started yesterday with severe storms again upstate and all the Capital OTB branches machines going down after the sixth race. It must have really pissed the racing Gods off that I crushed a $18.00 exacta & could not cash the ticket for over 2 hours. No problem we can bet on line ! Wrong answer as all Internet connections went down as well. I happen to live in an area where there still are a fair amount of bookies that will pay you and take up to 200 on a exacta or a bit more on a win bet. So I managed to lose 600 on the last 3 races but worry not the off track facility I was " working " in had ice cold Heineken's at $3.00 per and a character with a ski cap, plaid shorts, purple socks and a shirt that read respect is earned and beatings are free !!! You can't make this stuff up, he's a biker and a roofer that I know. Good thing because with the socks and the hat I thought it was a combo of Bill Spillane and TGAB. Anyway he had the good sense to start a $5.00 per horse race pool which I happily collected $ 45.00 on as I drew number 8 and Karakorum Electre won the 7th race.

On to Friday up early, 2 days racing forms and TG's a wet track and off the turf for sure. No problem will play a little handicap tomorrows card, have a few beers with the boys as all business is off until Monday. The card is decimated by scratches only 52 horses left for 9 races and probably more scratches coming ? Not much to bet on but we'll find a play or 2. I may even make a couple little series bets on the Yanks & Rays !

Saturdays forecast does not bode well especially with 6 turf races carded which will probably translate in all but the 2 stakes coming off the turf and killing tomorrow's card as well ? It's just not fair, Belmont Day was decimated, 25 % of the Spa meet and now the highlight of the Fall season at Belmont.

How much can a lifetime degenerate plunger take in one year ? Come on Keeneland & Churchill and please have some decent weather.

Good luck,

Frank D.
Subject Author Posted

Racing Gods & weather !!! (1702 Views)

FrankD. September 30, 2011 03:07PM

Re: Racing Gods & weather !!! (1023 Views)

TGJB September 30, 2011 04:08PM

Re: Racing Gods & weather !!! (920 Views)

richiebee September 30, 2011 05:35PM

Re: Racing Gods & weather !!! (888 Views)

Silver Charm September 30, 2011 07:29PM

Re: Racing Gods & weather !!! (885 Views)

FrankD. October 01, 2011 12:07AM

Re: Racing Gods & weather !!! (842 Views)

jimbo66 October 01, 2011 01:15AM

Re: Racing Gods & weather !!! (789 Views)

analizethis October 01, 2011 12:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login