Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Queen's Plate (682 Views)

September 12, 2020 12:45PM
Seems odd having a Saturday in September with no NYRA racing, but what isn't odd these days? Woodbine is offering a good card with full fields, on what should be a clear and sunny autumn-like day in Toronto.

Here are my thoughts on the pick 5 sequence:

Race 8 I will single Afleet Katharine (#2 4/5 ML) in here. I had looked at spreading out this race but you have to narrow down at some point.She is simply the fastest horse. If she loses - on to the pick 4.

Race 9 I will include the Chad runner Cambier Parc (#10 6/5 ML) but I am trying to beat her. Elizabeth Way (#3 4/1 ML) was against the flow in her last and she will also appreciate the cut back in distance. Her TG figure in her second last race was a good as the M/L favorite. Amalfi Coast (#6 6-1 ML) ran a new top on the synthetic last out after two tough trips on the turf. She may bounce but if she pairs her poly top she will be tough. Also using (#4,#5,#8,#10) as back-ups.

Race 10 I think the M/L favorite Clayton is vulnerable in here. He got a great set-up in his last race as stalked the prolonged duel between Halo Again (#6 5/1 ML) & Dotted Line (#9 8/1 ML). I will also use the two fillies Merveilleux (#2 10/1 ML) who ran as fast the ML favorite but had a troubled trip and Curlin's Voyage (#10 ML 5/2).

Race 11 Casse's runner Jeanie B (#4 3/1 ML) appears the most likely winner as she is making her 3rd North American start today. She ran a good TG figure in her last with a troubled trip in the stretch. I will also include Grey Seal (#5 20/1 ML) draw a line through her last race. She was absolutely buried in traffic for the stretch run. In her 2nd last race she ran a competitive TG number which would put her right in the mix.

Race 12 Nothing fancy here - I am using the top three ML favorites (#1,#6,#7) as they are simply the fastest on TG.

Good Luck.
Subject Author Posted

Queen's Plate (682 Views)

grinder September 12, 2020 12:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login