Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chilling Effect (888 Views)

September 26, 2020 11:01AM
A lot of the top trainers win % is significantly down this year; perhaps it can be attributed to the pandemic and all the interruptions, but I also wonder if the FBI operation may have had any industry-wide effects?

I won't name any names (because, without proof, I'd be implying they were doing something illegal before), but one big trainer I follow quite closely, quite frankly, is no longer a "super" trainer in my mind, no longer automatic in so many races, where, for the last several years, his horses would be automatic plays. Now he's just a good trainer with top quality stock. The big difference is how said trainer's horses finish--not with the same mind-blowing acceleration at the end of the races.

I've seen a few others follow similar patterns, mostly in NY racing.

It does change the way you bet. Again, might be the pandemic, right? But I will continue to watch this; we might really have to rethink the way we handicap and wager, especially in multi-race exotics.

I wonder if anyone has observed the sheet numbers? Are the horses' performances really slower? Undertaking that kind of analysis is above my pay grade, but I would like to know.
Subject Author Posted

Chilling Effect (888 Views)

Dana666 September 26, 2020 11:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login