Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Seek Again Stakes (534 Views)

May 22, 2021 01:43PM
I think it is now or never for Decorated Invader in today's race, and after watching his last race - I believe it is now. He sat a stalking trip in the pocket to the turn in that race, but Alvarado made an ill-advised attempt to move on the rail but was quickly shut-off. He was then caught up in traffic until mid-stretch and by the time he had open air - Delaware was long gone.

He still paired his 3 year-old top with that one, which had the look of a prep race off the lay-off and gets Rosario back. His pattern and his last trip suggest that a better race is in the offing today.

I am against Flavius in this race. Prat gave him a perfect ride last time-out, at the top of the stretch he had the typical look of a Chad runner that would just mow them down - but he flattened out. A lasix-off race - did he bleed? He has the number power with a lot of fast ground loaded numbers - but he is six years old now and again, no lasix today.

I also thought that Delaware got a perfect trip last time when he paired his top - and will take a shot against him as well.

A couple of other horses at a price are interesting - Get Smokin - toss his last at Keeneland as he contested a very fast pace with Somelikithotbrown who won at Pimlico last week. He ran a new top 1st out at Tampa this year and projects to get the lead and save ground today. He could prove tough to run down.

Olympic Runner - I thought he got a curious ride last time, as McCarthy never really asked him for any run until the turn for home. He appears to be a rather difficult horse to ride and gets Johnny V back today.

Good Luck.
Subject Author Posted

Seek Again Stakes (808 Views)

prist May 21, 2021 07:49PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (565 Views)

APny May 21, 2021 10:56PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (550 Views)

prist May 22, 2021 01:31AM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (534 Views)

grinder May 22, 2021 01:43PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (464 Views)

IK May 22, 2021 04:47PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (470 Views)

P-Dub May 22, 2021 08:18PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (450 Views)

grinder May 22, 2021 10:01PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (463 Views)

confused May 22, 2021 07:32PM

Re: Seek Again Stakes (506 Views)

confused May 22, 2021 08:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login