Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (487 Views)

November 15, 2021 04:31PM
Re: The Love of Classic R&R music. Last weekend I discovered YouTube has channels that in turn have programs, in which young people listen to the R&R classics for the first time, We as viewers, get to watch and hear the neophyte's reaction and comments.

As one example, a 20-year-old female opera singer studying at Guiliard experiences Bobby Hatfield singing Unchained Melody getting Spector's "wall of Sound" as well as the virtuoso of the Righteous Brother!

Another channel features a young hip hop couple getting their first AC/DC experience with Thunderstruck. Triggering the comment that music is crazy just makes me want to go out and break something. I love it.

Other shows featured performances like Hotel California again seen by hip hop fans for the first time triggering comments like I never knew Rock had quality lyrics? More Opera singers watching Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell.

I think I saw a Lou Reed show now I want to go back and find some young country-western fans first experience of a Lou Reed song. C&W likes it real and raw.
Subject Author Posted

Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (986 Views)

TGJB November 11, 2021 12:02AM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (701 Views)

Gary Irish November 11, 2021 01:37AM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (698 Views)

TGJB November 11, 2021 02:53AM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (609 Views)

moosepalm November 11, 2021 12:45PM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (502 Views)

Gary Irish November 15, 2021 02:01PM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (487 Views)

Tavasco November 15, 2021 04:31PM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (471 Views)

johnnym November 15, 2021 06:51PM

Re: Blinkers, not blinders, but otherwise… (501 Views)

Bet Twice November 16, 2021 01:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login