Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks TG - Part II (2207 Views)

February 11, 2002 02:16PM
Actually this should read Thanks TG and Thanks GP stewards. Going into the Donn I thought that both Red Bullet and expecially Graeme Hall would be severly overbet and be very susceptable as heavy favorites. This being said, I saw this as a major trifecta opportunity, given the large field and chalk out of the mix. I had my key horses down to Ubiquity, Mongoose and Free of Love. Underneath those two betting interests, Hal's Hope and Kiss A Native seemed live at a price.
So the plays were:
key the entry and FOL over the entry, FOL, HH, KAN, RB, GH
HH, KAN, RB, GH / Entry, FOL / HH, KAN, RB, GH
Entry / FOL, HH, KAN, RB, GH / All
I thought that given the strength of both ends of the entry, even at 7-1 at the time (which TG thought was short) was a very solid price given the likely ground Mongoose would save given his PP.
Thanks to a DQ, instead of a Mongoose / Red Bullet / Kiss A Native triple, we were left with M at 6-1, Kiss A Native at 19-1, and Rize at 61-1 to set off a $8900+ triple. Granted I only had it 1/2 time, but it along with the WP on the entry made it a monumental score. Now only if I could stop dumping cash to the book on college hoops...
Subject Author Posted

Thanks TG - Part II (2207 Views)

Bill February 11, 2002 02:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login